Students! Please return your overdue resources to the library!
You will not receive your final grades until all resources have been returned and all fines have been paid.
If you are unsure if you have items out please check with your grade leader, tutors, or library staff.
Grade 11: *If you need resources for the extended essay over the summer break, please clear this first with library staff and we will put a notation into the system.
Thank you for your support!
The Secondary Library Staff:
ToK presentations 2013-2014
Sunday 15th June (08h00-15h00) and Monday (08h00-13h00)
Instructions and official schedule
Please note that this is the official assessment for ToK.
Presentations will start on Sunday 15th June at 08h00 sharp in the multipurpose room. Please respect and support your classmates when they are doing their presentations by being an attentive and interested audience.
Watching the ToK presentations is compulsory. You will be provided with a ToK journal (ATTACHED - PLEASE BRING IT WITH YOU) to be used next year. Make sure that you take relevant notes on it. These will be invaluable notes since they will be ToK-related concepts and ideas that have captured your attention during the ToK presentations. Focus on:
- Examples used which are original
- AoK and WoK and connections amongst them
- Different perspectives
- IB student perspective
- Identify what is shared and personal knowledge
The schedule is a bit tight so please help us towards the smooth running of this event by doing the following:
- If you have your presentation next, make sure that you come during the previous break to set it all up (not doing this might incur in delays which might mean staying after 16h00 pm – nobody wants that!)
- Teachers will be marking for the whole day and they need to be able to concentrate to give you the best grade possible, so help us allowing for minimum disruption.
- Check your times, be punctual and download videos, prezis, power/point presentations beforehand.
Attendance is compulsory and there will be registers throughout the day.
Schedule will be published at 08h00 on Sunday.
Thanks for your support and cooperation.
Some topics you will get to listen to:
21st century surveillance - to what extent are we going too far?
Should a religion review its values?
To what extent is gay marriage accepted in 21st century societies?
Honour killing, Capital punishment, Eye-for-an-eye punishment - are these methods of punishment justifiable? Are some better than others? What role should our governments and our societies in general play in this discussion?
LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR THOUGHT-PROVOKING PRESENTATIONS!
Sports Day and last week of school arrangements – Grades 6 to 10.